Subject: Eliminate Black Polys Tip
From: Jeff Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 02:22:13 -0400

Don't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere, so here goes:

Hunt down flipped or missing polys (from conversions, booleans, etc.) by
starting out with the same technique you would use to create a reference
image for surface mapping...luminous, white object; flat camera view...

Load this image as modeler's BG.  Invert the image, autosize to the
offending object and, sure enough, your render's holes line up to the
guilty polys.  Zero in to the blank spots and fix 'em.

Obviously you have to muck about with matching modeler and layout views.
But it works for me every time.

Jeff

work-----------------------------------------------------------------play
|            MEDIA F/X           |     WheazeLizard/3rd Mutant Limb     |
|        Video Productions       |               DREAM LAB              |
|         [email-masked]        |        rave visuals/animation        |
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

 * Q-Blue 2.0 [NR] *                                                 
--
Jeff Howard <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]